Your mouth is the gateway to the rest of your body. So it is important to have a healthy mouth to have the whole healthy body!
Just listen to these facts:
- Bacteria in mouth travel through the bloodstream and have effects on many organs and processes
- Bacteria in mouth are being found in brain tissue, heart vessels, joints ,and many parts of your body.
- Gum disease is linked with blood vessel disease, heart attacks and stroke. In fact, people with gum disease are nearly twice as likely to suffer from heart disease.
- Gum disease and tooth loss increase risk of Alzheimer’s disease
- Gum disease increases risk of head,neck, pancreatic, breast, and kidney cancer
- If you have diabetes, you have much higher risk of having gum disease, which leads to permanent bone damage and loss.
- If you have diabetes and gum disease, it is more difficult to control sugar level.
- Gum disease can interfere with the success of knee replacement surgery.
- Bad bite increases risk for sleep apnea.
These are just a few facts. And you know what is surprising?
AT LEAST 80% of American adults have gum inflammation and disease!!
I believe it is very crucial for me as a dentist to relay this important information to help you be healthy.
That is why I will be starting a series of videos focusing on how oral health affects each systematic disease. Stay tuned for our “Healthy mouth, Healthy Body” Video Campaign.
Call today for your exam and gum treatment to get your whole body healthy.